I love memoir books! They always give me a wake-up call, well those and self-help books too, are a major reason I made August a reread month. My theory being:'' It's my birth month I need a change in my life means acting up deep into adulthood now.''
Soooo..., Tiffany Haddish! God, I love her! I didn't know she existed until I read this book The Last Black Unicorn which is definitely worth reading and watched Girl's trip a movie she stars, plus another movie which I can't wait for Nobody's fool ( I keep repeating the trailer) she is incredibly funny. For starters, she is a comedian which is pretty much portrayed in the book.
According to the book /why I love the book.
The memoir of Haddish each story reveals her character she is hysterical, strong, resilient honest and determined to make the best out of the worst, from poverty in foster care to neglect and abuse. In the book, Tiffany is the type that holds her head high despite, what she had gone through. She would have been bitter about life but she turns this round. She is a description of sunshine every horrid thing that life throws at her and she somehow manages to make use of it or turn it into a positive deed.
The story of her ex-boyfriend, well... How she got back at him was hilarious! From pooping in his shoes, and the guy actually wore 💩them, to using the girl he cheated on to pimp her herself and they made a profit than she did when she was with Tiffany's ex. At the end of it, her comeback impressed me. She threw shade with her actions which according to me is perfect revenge.
Helping out the girl that she was getting cheated on with #girlpower? Big heart? I just love Tiffany!
Roscoe's story oh wow! it is out of this world I don't wanna spoil for those who haven't read the book yet my best piece that, and the Jehovah witness one.
- She is molested and abused as a child, it doesn't get any better when she gets old
- Her stepfather tried to kill them but instead, the accident caused her mom, giving her head injuries and losing her mind
- Tiffany had a history where her men she dated treated her like property
- Most stories are about domestic violence and assault
- Her biological dad abandoned her at the age of three
Why you need to get it...
- The kind of book that reminds you whatever you going through should never stop you from getting to where you want.
- Life could be messy but its for you to decide how it will affect you drown in self-pity and bitterness or take it as it is and make the best of it.
There's so much to learn from her stories.
🖌 My favorite quotes:
“I believe my purpose is to bring joy to people, to make them laugh, and to share my story to help them. To show people that no matter what, they matter, and they can succeed. No matter how bad things go, no matter how dark your life is, there is a reason for it. You can find beauty in it, and you can get better. I know, because I’ve done it. That’s why my comedy so often comes from my pain. In my life, and I hope in yours, I want us to grow roses out of the poop.”
“You kill them with your success. Then they’ll have to kiss your motherfucking feet.”
You can get the book below.